International Trainee Programme
Graduate Software Engineer
Junior Adviseur Bouwfysica, Akoestiek en Milieu – Locatie Haren (Gn)
Junior adviseur omgevingsgeluid en milieu
Project engineer audiovisuele simulaties
IMC: Graduate Software Engineer
GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
If so, then join IMC as a Graduate Software Engineer! Why? Because here you‘ll not simply write software or design technology. You will be responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. As a result, your development skills will enable you to actually deliver results and make a difference. IMC knows that having the best software is what drives our business. Software development here is innovative, pragmatic and fun, even as complexity grows. We are looking for talented software engineers who will drive the development of cutting-edge trading algorithms to further our business.
How we work?
- Agile software development with continuous integration and delivery;
- Frequent peer code reviews;
- Collaborative cross-functional culture with emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation;
- Local autonomy with global input and best practices.
YOUR FIRST SIX MONTHS
You will start your career at IMC with an international traineeship, in at least two of our global offices, after which you will be mentored by one of our seasoned software engineers. On a day to day basis you will work directly with traders, quants and other engineers to bring our trading strategies and platform to the next level. Your responsibility does not stop at programming; it also encompasses knowledge building of our trading platform and software stack and building expertise within the entire software development lifecycle. You will have continuous opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages in our dynamic environment. At IMC, we foster a supportive environment allowing you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility, even on day one.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Students studying Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study;
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically;
- Must have a strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- Must have proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred);
- Willingness to interact and work closely with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment;
- Interest in financial markets is a must, but no prior knowledge or experience is required.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Trading is among the world’s leading technology-driven trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.